Sunday, January 3, 2010

pilot

Bonjour and Welcome to my first ever blog. I got the idea from the movie Julie & Julia where she started her own food blog and got addicted. Since i feel I am addicted to fashion i will blog about that. I'm not so big with the words so expect an abundance of pictures.

A little bit about myself...I studied nursing for 4 years and was miserable pretty much the whole way through as my true calling was to be in a creative field i.e. Fashion and to become a fashion designer or even stylist as i feel lately I've been more inclined to doing. So i came up with an idea which probably isn't original but has become my resolution for 2010 which is to picture my outfits each day for a whole year as like Amy Adams in Julie & Julia she sought out new recipes to try each day and blog about the disasters and successes of each recipe tried. So my plan is document my outfits each day and my inspirations or moods that influence what I wear and see my own successes and faux pas through the year.

Lately I have been watching Gossip Girl, I am a little delayed into joining the bandwagon of Gossip Girl goers and regret it massively and did not realise how amazing the costume is in that show.. so go Eric Daman who is the costume designer for the show. The girls in the show have such amazing looks that its hard to choose just one of them that I like so i have chosen all of them because they have their own particular style to match their personality. The character I feel i have a little in common with would be Little J because she loves to sew and clearly wants to work in the fashion field and also got to kiss Chace Crawford (..OK that we don't have in common but I wish we did)




Because of my recent addiction to the show the way I put my outfits recently have been highly influenced by the girls on the show. I'm a huge fan also of the actors behind the characters and their off screen outfits as well as other 'it' and 'not so it' actors that are inspirations to the way I dress.

It's late and I have to bring my dad to the airport tomorrow and I am now pondering upon the weather and whether I will finally wear my I heart NY shirt Mel got for me..

night..

2 comments:

  1. First post!! AND first comment =D
    I have a feeling I'll be addicted to your blog, missy! I can't wait to see the outfits you come up with :) and all the things you'll be talking about haha. I still need to give you Gossip Girl1 Unless you have it already? If not just let me know :D

    Catch you latorrr aligatorrrr
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahha u have a fan LOL..yee im eager to post the stuff i make from my fashion course later in the year and the outfits i wear to the classes LOL..
    thanks again for being my fan..

    ReplyDelete