Thursday, January 7, 2010

day 7 of 2010

\Went for a walk this morning to the library so I could print out my invoice to pay for my fashion course and got there and realised I did not have my library card and couldn't use the computer. But silver lining was on the way back when I stopped by St Vinnies ..best store for vintage buys. I found some pretty good things actually..my intention was to find something to wear for tomorrow night for a friends farewell party. I found a very nice polyester shirt that seems long enough to be a dress and was a bargain at $3!

I figured I could wear it with black opaque tights and a pair of black heels. If it gets cold I would chuck in my karen walker black and white striped blazer that my dad got for me last year that I haven't worn because I haven't found a place to wear it..

I also got this multicoloured jacket type thing as well that I considered wearing tomorrow night. This was also $3... and this polkadot dress that I bought a couple of years ago was like $15 from this Asian clothing store. I think the chain necklace is the most pricey of the outfit and it was like $19 from Bondi, another place I want to go back and shop.

I also purchased a metre or 2 of fabric for $2 and a black purse that was a little plain so I thought I would add some studs to it. I figured I would do half of the flap instead of the whole because not only did I have not enough studs but it doesn't look so bad just half. My initial plan was just to do the perimeter of the flap but seemed a little simple so I just kept going. I am also considering a chain so it can become a shoulder bag.

1 comment:

  1. I likey the shirt you found at st vinnies!
    I haven't been op-shopping in a while. I should've checked right after Xmas or New Years to see if there was any unwanted awesome things lol. Maybe I'll go next week =/

    anyway, since you sew your dresses and blazers and stuff - I've been thinking about learning how to do it too. I have plenty of clothes that fit me but don't fit me right. I think I'm an alien with a weird body shape :( Was it very hard for you to learn when you began sewing and designing?

    Loving your Karen Walker Jacket! Your dad knows Karen Walker? He is officially one of the coolest dads in the WORLD! lol. Also, the studded purse you just did looks so proooooooooo lol

    lovelove
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete